*If you see something you'd like to re-post or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Home Again!



I think we are all so happy to be back home! Saturday was a bite hectic with trying to unpack, clean, and stick to the schedule but we did it! Whitney impressed us all at breakfast and did well for snack too. Gramma took the kids for a walk in the wet weather. 






Then we had lunch and after that I had to take Gramma to the airport. Daddy stayed home with the kids. Cameron took a nap and Whitney watched Daddy play mine craft. We are both so grateful for all my mom has done for us these past three weeks and beyond! 




All I wanted to do when I got home was go shopping at Target! So my husband let me and he feed Whitney at 3pm her snack! I felt much better haha! The rest of the meals went okay but it seems like there are challenges at some point during every meal for Whitney. I made cheese quesadillas and turkey bacon for dinner. Giving Whitney preferred foods the first few days back home helps make the transition a little easier. So if you want numbers, Whitney is a about 65% to 75% tube weaned. When we started CHOC's multidisciplinary inpatient intensive feeding program she was 99% g-tube dependent! Now that doesn't mean that she will be weaned this week or even the next. But we are well on our way.  I plan on still updating this blog every so often so be sure to check up on us at least once a month or more!  And like I said almost every meal is still challenging. There are so many complex components to oral eating. She may even regress a bit before she progresses more! It's all part of the learning process. Whitney is getting 8oz of complete pediatric formula & 6 oz of water via tubie every night. I still love my tubie girl and am so proud of her! 









3 comments:

  1. You did such a great job on this blog for your feeding therapy experience. It was so helpful to keep up with all that was going on. I will miss it but look forward to your family blog starting up again.

    It was hard to say goodbye to you all on Saturday! I have really grown attached to Cameron these past three weeks. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to get to know this special little guy! Of course Whitney has always held a special place in my heart. I'm so glad I was able to help you all these past few weeks. I LOVE our goodbye picture by your front door. So sweet! Miss you already and hope to see you all again real soon. Gramma loves Whitney and Cameron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Whitney and are so proud of her, too! What a trooper! We're so grateful for answered prayers and continue to pray for her and for your whole family as you continue this process. Our prayers have been with all of you, including all those wonderful professionals who have a hand in helping Whitney. We are in awe of the progress she has made. You, too, are amazing in your dedication, perseverance, and patience! You were definitely handpicked to be Whitney's mom! She is unbelievably strong and resilient (her name is more than descriptive; it's prophetic!) and she continues to amaze as she grows stronger and more independent each day! We believe in Whitney! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali....
    I just wanted to let you know that--although I did not comment on every single post--I was still reading, praying, rooting for Whitney!! I have been so very busy lately.... Writing. Watching my beautiful nieces, "Amethyst" and "Opal" three days a week. Writing. Somehow managing to spend quality time with my mutt, Rose. And did I mention writing?! Yeah.... Life has been quite busy lately--and I love it!!--which, apparently, leaves very little time for commenting on Blogs!! Oh well!! I will figure out a way to read/comment on Blogs sometime.... ;)
    I do, I do, I do believe in Whitney. I do, I do, I do.... ;-D
    Love you later, Raelyn

    ReplyDelete