*If you see something you'd like to re-post or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 10: Roller Coaster


Oh today today... I still can't decide what to make of today! It was good in a bad way or maybe it was bad in a good way.  She is struggling but also learning that this is our new way of life. I'm glad we are here doing this and we want things to change for the better. It's super hard and it's going to be that way for a long time. 

 "Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but because I knew you I have been changed for good."   


Whitney almost got her self dressed today but still has a hard time with her shirts. and her shorts are on backwards. Cutie. 




Breakfast did not go well at all.  Whitney refused to eat the last expectations. We waited and she chose to end the meal early and go back to our room for quiet time, no rewards. After about 10 mins we had a talk and she felt better. 




She did so much better with snack time because she was hungry. She ate lots of small bites of banana and 6 teddy Grahams and 3oz kids boost essential. 




So she got this present for her good work. She was obedient and followed directions pretty good during snack. And she was in love with this play mat! She also got some Nemo toys to play with and it kept her busy in between meals all day. 




During lunch time she bit the inside of her cheek. I don't think that's ever happened to her before. She was pretty upset and had a hard time with the rest of the food and meals the whole day. She started out good though and ate some good bites of a strawberry, 5 small bite size pieces of a cheese quesadilla, and almost 4oz of the boost drink!  


So she earned her turtle talk with crush. She brought her Nemo, Dory, and Squirt toys down with her and showed them to Crush! He remembered her and loves her toys. Too cute. 





 Afternoon snack went pretty well. Whitney ate 1 apple slice, 4 pretzels, 3 oz boost, and licked a lot of peanut butter off her 'scooper' finger. When we were trying to wrap it up and she was taking more pretzels we said last one then we can be done. And Whitney says "But why!? We love snack time!" I about died! I was the best thing I heard all day, week, ever! I wanted to cry. She was just so sincere and innocent. 


Dr K was watching again and said we did really well even with all the stalling, and behaviors, and sore cheek.  He wants to decrease Whitney's night drip!! Going from 2 cartons (500mls) to one carton and 5 oz of water. Hopefully this will improve her oral intake. It's exciting but also scary! 


Sometimes this girl is too serious! 



 Whitney went right to work eating at dinner time. She ate a lot of bites of her chicken strip, half a small (half piece) celery stick dipped in chicken broth, and 3 oz grape juice! But her cheek was still bothering her so I didn't push her with bites. 


She got to shower again and have one last snack. She was excited about her "new food" raisins! She only got to eat two pieces before she bit her cheek again! I kissed it a lot (on the outside) and looked at it and it's pretty sore. She finished the meal with 2 oz chocolate boost. She actually fell asleep around 8pm she was so tired. I really hope this sore cheek doesn't set her back too much, but I will have to insist that we minimize the chewing tomorrow so that she can heal faster! And I don't want her to think that eating hurts so we will hopefully be doing a lot of drinking! 





Weight: 15.2kg




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Talk about a roller coaster day! It was so sad she chose to end her breakfast early. I was sad that she was sad and and to go to quiet time with no rewards. What a sad picture of her crying! But I think she learned from it because she did so much better the rest of the day! I'm so sorry about her cheek! Boy, once you bite your cheek it's so hard not to keep doing it because it swells up and is always in the way.

    I'm so happy she likes the mat and Nemo toys that I, Gramma, got for her! I wish I could have seen her reaction. Did she see the road side, or open the cars yet? That is so cute she took the toys with her to see Crush!

    Cool, so the Dr thinks she is ready for less formula!? That's awesome. Hope she can still maintain her weight as she has been doing. "But why? We love our snack time." That was my favorite comment ever!! I sure am grateful I get to watch her sessions and see her progress. You both are pretty amazing!!! I LOVE the shower picture! Keep up the awesome work!! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete