*If you see something you'd like to re-post or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 16; Daddy's Turn


It's been just Whitney and I for about two weeks here at camp CHOC! We love being here learning how to eat! We have also done a lot of fun things together! 





But now it's Daddy's turn to learn to co lead and lead the meals! For breakfast, he got to go in the room with the therapist for a meal while I waited outside and watched! He watched and learned about what to do during a more difficult meal and it was pretty stressful.  Whitney ate 10 front loops and drank about 5oz of BKE. 




Snack time with me went much better except for the vomit part. Whitney ate 4 teddy Graham's and drank 6 oz of milk before she thee up. She was having as usual with the teddy grahams and drinking her milk in between with out too much asking. But I noticed she didn't look good so I asked if she was okay and how her tummy felt. She said she was fine and felt good. Then she drank some more and gaged and said I need to barf. I've never seen her gag on the milk before and I was sad that she threw up everything. I had a talk with her about trying to figure out how her body feels and works about eating. Then she wanted to finish her cup of 2 oz of milk. 


Cameron comes in and finishes his sisters meal just like at home! 




Bubbles and games fun! 







Lunch time Whitney and I ate together while Thomas and the therapist watched and listened from another room. Whitney ate a little pita bread, 1 tablespoon of Spanish rice, and drank 4 oz of juice! She still stalled and had some sensory overload but we over came them and she did well. 

Cameron with Dora




Playing outside


















Then Gramma and Cameron went back to the hotel for a nap and Thomas stayed for snack. He lead but it seemed like we all lead. I helped with the reward and Thomas made the expectations. Whitney ate a little of sandwich crust, strawberry, string cheese, and strawberry flavored BKE. She seemed engaged and liked the reward which was a very hungry caterpillar game/sticker board. 





For dinner with Daddy and I, Whitney did okay too. We had fun eating some sun chips, a little quesadilla, tried a bite of a fish stick, and drank 3 1/2oz of juice. Then he had to go. Some volunteers gave us a craft that we had fun with. Then Whitney colored in her princess book and was not happy to stop for snack time. 

Whitney ate a little chunk of watermelon and drank 2 1/2 oz of BKE chocolate. Then she went right back to coloring and was again not happy to stop and go to bed. 





Photos of the day: My Cuties!




Weight: 15.0kg

1 comment:

  1. I sure had a great time getting to play with the kids in between meals!! Bubbles and games are loads of fun!! I also enjoyed playing outside, going through the tunnel, running around with them and playing monster, and doing more bubbles!!! It's awesome they have fun places and things here to entertain the kids. It's great Thomas is learning to help with Whitney's meals! I'm sorry to hear she threw up, so sad when all that hard work comes up. She is still doing great and working so hard. Go Whitney!!! I LOVE the collage of the two of you by the way:)

    ReplyDelete