*If you see something you'd like to re-post or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 15: A Happy Day

I'm glad today was a happy day! Especially because it was my birthday! 

Breakfast went alright, Whitney ate a little bacon, pancake, and 2 oz of BKE. When I say a little I mean just a few small bites. 





I told Whitney it was my birthday so she found my candle and sang to me! :) 




Snack went well, Whitney ate some muffin (cupcake!), and some milk! 




Afterwards Thomas, Cameron, and my mom came over! The kids finally got to paint their pumpkins. Whitney had been asking all night and day to do it. 










Then we had lunch! I was in the room alone with Whitney and had a 'bug' in my ear to listen to the therapist outside the room. She stayed out there to explain everything I was doing to thomas and mom. She really didn't tell me much at all about what to do and just said I did really good. I'm glad my husband can learn how to feed Whitney this week! 


Twenty eight years old!! 



After that my awesome mom stayed with my kids while Thomas and I went out for ice cream!! So thankful that I could get a little break on my birthday! We also got some real food to eat! 












We got back just in time for afternoon snack. We did the same thing with just me in the room and Thomas watched and was told what I was doing. It was weird being like there therapist but also cool! I guess I did a good job again because she didn't say much to me. Sometimes she said yeah that's what I was just going to say to do! Whitney ate a little string cheese, banana, and 5 oz of strawberry milk! It's not necessarily the amounts of food she eats that count but it's the quality of the whole meal. Trying to teach her appropriate bite size while sticking with preferred foods. And of course we want her to eat more buts it's a very slow process. This program is awesome though at teaching how intense this has to be to help Whitney learn how to eat. 






Dinner time was a bit silly but Whitney ate a little apple slice, some hamburger bites,  licked lots of ketchup, and tried a tater tot! She thought it was so funny that I asked if her nose could take a drink and when she tried it I said gross! So we kept doing that over and over again! Cutie! 




I got a few nice things from my mom and mom in law and tons of happy birthday wishes from all my family and friends! 



Whitney got to choose her snack tonight and string cheese it was! She ate about a fourth of it! 









Whitney was so cute playing with her whales till she fell soundly asleep! 




Photos of the day: Whitneys fourth birthday and my first birthday as a new mommy! 




Weight: 15.0kg it's going down but no worries yet... She is still 94% range of her ideal weight! If she losses too much more and goes 10% below her ideal weight range then we will have to do something else. Whitney is still only getting 8oz of formula plus 5 oz of water via feeding tube at night. Please pray that she can eat enough to gain weight and stay healthy! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad she's eating so much! I'm praying for her to keep improving and gain weight. Happy Birthday Ali! Its great you got to go out with Keawe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Alicia!!! I'm so glad you had a happy day today and Whitney did pretty good with her eating! She is amazing! I'm grateful I was able to stay with the kids so you could go out for your birthday!! You deserved a break that's for sure! We had such a fun time playing together! I was wondering why Whitney was showing me your candle when I got there. If I would have I known what she was trying to tell me I would have sang to you with the candles too!! Silly little girl trying to drink with her nose. Is wonderful you can joke around and have happy times during your meals with her. Always praying for Whitney to gain weight and stay healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete