*If you see something you'd like to re-post or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 7: One Week Down


Week one has flown by! We've been super busy so that helps. But we still have two more weeks to go!  Today I was alone in feeding Whitney.  It didn't go too bad but wasn't great either, it just kinda felt like how we do things at home but with no tube feedings during the day and she eats more at mealtimes.  I kept to the schedule and I think we did pretty good overall.  


For breakfast, Whitney ate a fourth of her bacon strip and 3 oz of boost kids essential. Her drinking was great so I'm happy. She doesn't seem to have a preference over her flavors so I just alternate. 


Watching Blues Clues on her leap pad with her stuffed animals! 




Photos of the day: our siblings/ Whitney's' Aunts and Uncles. 



Pano of our room today! Every one who comes in says it looks nice and big. 



For snack she drank another 3 oz of boost, and just a little graham cracker and watermelon. 


Whitney went to the play room by her self for an hour before lunch time. I love that she can go there and have fun with out me! I clean up the room, figure out the meals for the next day, and get on Facebook or play games or whatever on my phone. 






For lunch, Whitney ate a 1/4 slice of strawberry, 2 tbsp of yogurt, a little chicken strip and 2 oz of lemonade. She called it water though and was excited to drink it!  


She was much more relaxed today and had more fun during meal times.  She is just too cute! One time when she burped she said "that tastes good! Can I eat my burp!?"  She likes it when I sing row your boat while she is drinking (at least all today she did). Then her cup becomes a scream extractor (from monsters inc.) because we scream in excitement when she drinks it all gone!  Good thing we are on the far end of the hall because we are loud haha.  She does a bunch of other funny things too.









Daddy came over again after lunch today! He washed and folded all our clothes so nicely! It was so nice having him around for company and support! We got to do turtle talk today and "Waikiki Whitney" was adorable talking to Crush! She loves it so much and probably thinks it's totally real! He even talked to Thomas! Then we hung out outside and later colored pictures in the play room.  We all held hands and Whitney loved it but was asking about Cameron. Which is good and she knows Gramma is taking care of him while we are at Camp CHOC. Then, Daddy had to go home and study for his exams this week and we needed to eat. 











For snack she ate 2 apple slices, 2 sun chips, and 2 oz of boost drink! 


For dinner Whitney ate just a tiny bit of each like a bit of tortilla, a green bean, sips of soup broth, and then she was so exited about the Spanish Rice! She started eating that right away and I don't think she's ever had it before, at least not recently! She ended up eating about a tablespoon of it and was done. 


Afterwards we took a shower, she just loves playing in this shower. But it's impossible to keep the water in, and sometimes it practically goes out the door because there it no edge and the curtain is way to short! So I just ask for a bunch of extra towels to put on the floor. 


So Whitney ends up siting like this during most of our meals. She is always turning and moving around in her chair. I'm getting tired of asking her to sit the right way so I just end up turning her chair around and around, so no mater which way she is I turn her towards the table... If she doesn't figure out that she has to face the table that way then I will go back to asking her to sit properly. 




We did snack time right after the shower so we got started a little early. Whitney ate one apple slice, 2 gold fish crackers, and drank 3 oz of boost! She must have been thirsty since she didn't drink at dinner time. 




And we painted her nails pink and purple since she did so good with her snack! Silly smile! 




I'm excited for her team to come back and help us get the ball rolling again!  It's been lonely without them and I'm ready to learn more to help Whitney eat! 

Weight: 15.2kg





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your day went well. Sounds like you two are having fun and seeing the good in all things! I love seeing Whitney so happy. The pics of her big smiles are adorable! Turtle talk sounds like so much fun! Even better than the one at CA Adventures, because its all personally directed to Waikiki Whitney! Do they know she is part Hawaiian? I hope I get to see that! Looks like she is maintaining her weight pretty good, just losing a little. Is that pretty typical, expected? Keep up the great work! You guys are awesome!!! Love you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete