*If you see something you'd like to re-post or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 13: Morning at the Beach



This morning Whitney and I ate breakfast but we were too excited to see Cameron. She only drank 3 oz of chocolate milk (BKE), and few bites of her bagel with a sausage patty on it. We got all ready to go on our adventure to the beach. Daddy came first and then Cameron with my parents! My (big) baby boy ran to me and gave me a huge hug! He kept saying my name as if it were a question and that he was so happy to see me. I myself was crying with joy. It was pretty much magical. 


I guess the night nurse put the rail up on Whitney's bed last night. Whitney would not get out until the nurse came to put it down even though the other side was open. :) 






We signed out and left the building!  The kids loved watching the Finding Nemo tank but were more excited to go to the beach. I kept telling Whitney that we were going to eat a snack first then we can play. 


Apparently Cameron won't hold ours hands anymore and only holds his own hands! 











Whitney was fine starting our day out with a small snack. It was so fun to picnic on the beach! She drank about 4 oz of BKE, half an apple slice, and two pretzel sticks. It was fun having Cameron and family eat with us! Whitney still needed a lot if encouraging. I remember that we always try to feed her food before and during her tube feelings but if she didn't want it I never pushed her to do it. So this was totally interesting to see her try to refuse to eat and then realize that I'm not changing my new standards. 


Lunch was a bit more difficult because Whitney was already having fun. She just came in from the water and was rolling around in the sand. She wanted Gramma to dig her a whole and bury her legs. So I said we can do that after we have our lunch picnic together. It was rough getting her to sit and try to eat. But we did it. She basically shut down and told me no for a while. Then I started playing with the teddy grahams and she was interested. She finished her drink with another 4 oz and ate 2 teddy Graham's in about 20 minutes. So not bad at all considering we were in a totally new environment with lots of people. This was our first time not tube feeding her at the beach! Plus she didn't throw up like she usually does there! 










Whitney loves to write W's in the sand, and hearts, and her whole name!  She also loves to play in the waves!  Cameron's also loves the waves and exploring! It was awesome to have my parents here to play with the kids while Thomas and I soaked up the sun and talked and ate together. 


















So happy together!! 




We only spent about four hours out and that felt great. Everyone else went back to the hotel and Whitney and I back to Camp CHOC. We showered and cleaned up before snack time. Whitney ate about a tablespoon of muffin and 6 oz of boost drink supplement. She loves to do these mazes as a reward! 





She watched Happy Feet till dinner time. She started off solid, eating the crust of her grilled cheese sandwich and drinking lemonade (sugar water). I busted out the celery and carrots and got her to dip it in cream cheese. Then she took a bite of the carrot and gaged and threw up.  Note to self: don't give her carrots until she can handle them! Whitney loves to eat them but it seems like almost every time she does, she can't handle it and vomits. She said she was tired and wanted to go to bed, so I had her finish her drink and off she went. 

She needed the calories of her night snack but she was too tired and so was I. She didn't even ask for her snack, which I thought she would have. 


She stayed awake in bed for almost 2 hours. She was literally waiting for the nurse to come tuck her in because she fell asleep a couples minutes after the nurse left. Guess next time I'll ask them to come in sooner, hehe. But she didn't start her night drip or meds yet because we want to wait till she falls asleep! 

Tomorrow we have plans to visit the park! I chose these destinations because they are outdoors and relaxing, fun, and familiar.  Goodnight everyone! 




Photos of the day: family at the beach in June 2014! 



Weight: 15.1kg 

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to get to see you both. I was so excited to get my Whitney hugs! You have an awesome room. I'm glad Whitney feels at home and is comfy there. We had a great time playing at the beach with the kids, and sharing meal time with Whitney!! The beach and grandkids is the best! It was good to see her eat even while playing at the beach. You are doing such a great job with her Alicia. I look forward to the rest of the week. I'm glad I have been able to take care of Cameron for you!

    ReplyDelete